On this site are recent paintings done in oil. I primarily use a palette knife. I love the thick texture and the happy little mistakes that happen along the creative process.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

October Hike ©


Last weekend I participated in a Plein Air event in Fairfield, Illinois. I was driving around the back roads of Fairfield looking for a place to paint when I drove by this beautifully lit, winding  path. The scene became my inspiration for this small masterpiece.  It was a rainy day with no sign of letting up, so I decided to paint inside my car: a small Honda Fit!!  It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.   
As a painter, I always look for contrast in color and light when choosing a plein air location.  Even though it was raining, the fall leaves were illuminated.  I am pleased with the results.

Oil on canvas on panel, 8"W x 10"H
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment